Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Catholic Devotions Meme

I enjoy it when other bloggers tag anyone who wants to play. Out of laziness or apathy, doesn't matter to me. That means I actually get to do one! So a big thanks to SFO Mom for leaving this one open for anyone..

The Catholic Devotions Meme

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
Liturgy of the Hours

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
The Memorare/The Angelus (Both really great - toss up)

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
Yes. Both. Scapular and a handful (literally) of medals.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Yes, definitely.

5. Do you 'offer up' your sufferings?
Most days..

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
Not as well as I probably should. I definitely did while I wasn't working days but since I started working 7-3, I've been bad about it.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?
As much as I possibly can, I go. Since my church only provides it once a month, I sometimes find myself sitting in the parking lot or in a pew adoring Him. I know I could just as easily do that from my home but something about being right there next to Him, physically present in the Eucharist in the tabernacle, just makes it worth it to drive there.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
Sunday morning.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Yes, always. (Though I do not always say them out loud.)

10. Favorite Saint(s)? St. Francis of Assisi, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Maria Goretti, and of course the Blessed Mother.

11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
Yep. After I started attending daily Mass, I learned it very quickly. (I would stay after Mass and pray the rosary with the group of older folk who prayed it every day. I really enjoyed it.)

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Yes. Many times during the day.

13. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Always.

Tag: Same as I was tagged. Anyone who wants to play, feel free. (Just drop a note in my comments box letting me know.)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you opted to play :)

Actually, it was a complete lack of time to go hunting down people's links, since I am trying hard to limit my computer time these days! LOL!

1/02/2007 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

Well.. haha.. then I'm glad that you didn't have time to tag other people. Because I like memes and rarely get tagged for them. :P

1/02/2007 01:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home