Tuesday, February 14, 2006

pressing on in the name of Christ Jesus

I must give credit where credit is due. The name for the blog was given me by a good friend, Micah. Just a few moments ago he also passed along this tidbit of information.
"I'm also told that it was what the British told their soldiers on the eve of D-Day. The British soldiers (who back in those days knew their Scripture) radioed the mainland and asked what they should do if they were overwhelmed. The reply was "and if not" and that was all. The story goes that the soldiers understood immediately and knew that they would have to press on even if overwhelmed."
I feel all this very fitting for these times in our lives -- living Catholicism in the world today. I will expound upon this whole idea in later posts but for now, let it suffice to say that we, the Catholic youth of the world, are making the commitment everyday to press on, crosses on our shoulders and a sword in our hand, to fight the good fight in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Laura! You have a blog! Woohoo!

I'll be swingin' by all the time now. :-)

2/14/2006 02:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm famous! I'm famous!

2/15/2006 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home