Thursday, July 03, 2008

Lindsay is gone and it's all too soon...

Not that there's ever really an "okay" or "easy" age to die, Lindsay is gone much too soon. She was in the car with her boyfriend Ty just a few weeks ago when they got into an accident and she was left with severe brain trauma. Her boyfriend had some broken bones but for the most part made it out okay. And Ty was by her bedside like a faithful boyfriend. The doctors put her into a drug-induced coma in order to allow her body to heal as naturally as possible. It seemed as though she was doing well, smiling and squeezing in just the last week.

Last night I missed several phone calls and then received a text to tell me Linds had passed. I've only begun to process that. Linds and I weren't great friends. In fact, our friendship was only beginning. We met through one of her three roommates at UNT and had hung out in Dallas together a few times. She was a spirited girl and fun to be around. Linds was one of those people that made you smile... a lot. She had a definite sense of herself and it wasn't always what everyone else was. She captured my heart with her chucks (what can I say? i love me some chucks.) and my head with her intellect.



Today she is gone. And I can't believe it.



I haven't been able to talk to my friend, A, to see how she's doing. A is a person that doesn't cry much, if at all. One of our best friends is the one who got the initial call as A drove to the hospital to see Linds one last time. She's only heard A cry a total of three times, including last night. I know this is going to be awful for her. She and Linds were close.

Please pray for the repose of Lindsay's soul, for her boyfriend Ty, her parents, for her whole family and all of her friends, especially her roommates, A, S, and S.



+Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon her. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will definitely pray for her and her family; and for all those who knew her.

7/03/2008 12:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely young lady... and a great loss to all her friends and family. May God grant her soul peace in His eternal light and eternal life. May He be close to her family and friends and grant them peace, comfort, and sustenance.

Heather

7/04/2008 07:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just saw this.

That's so sad. Sudden losses are quite jarring; I have had a few. I'm so sorry. I will keep Lindsay and all involved in my prayers--including you :)

How are you doing? Take care, ok?
Best,

- Dan

7/21/2008 01:35:00 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

So sorry. I just read this this morning. I will include her and all of you in my morning prayers. - Lee

8/04/2008 05:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home