Thursday, May 08, 2008

prayer appreciated

i'm having a rough time. forget that i have a warm place to sleep and food to eat, or that i've been blessed with a new computer, or that i just finished my first semester back at school. forget that i lost my job and was blessed with a new one. forget that i might -- maybe, if God wills it -- have a new house to move into.

i'm having a rough time. plain and simple.

i don't have reason to have a rough time, really. my friends are all coming home for summer (except for one who's moving to maryland in just a few weeks). they're calling and texting and messaging on facebook to arrange get-togethers. i'm about to start maymester (government) and go to school five days a week. i like school. i should be happier.

but i'm not.

and i need prayers. as i always do. and if you can offer them, i promise to never be ungrateful for your act of kindness.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll pray, Laura. I think that I've been through similar trials. I know advice is not what you asked for, but I would like to share the most important lessons I learned from them, in case God wants to reinforce the same lessons in your life. Basically, God wanted me to know that He is with me. He wanted me to recognize that none of my heart's longings are without purpose; He put them there for a reason. And He wanted me pursue Him with more life and vigor, so as not to fall into complacence.

Anyway, may God give you peace, comfort, and clarity.

5/09/2008 02:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, you have my prayers.

5/09/2008 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

thanks to you both, brad and jessica. i really appreciate it. (yes, all of it!)

5/09/2008 11:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Laura,

My prayers are with you. I hope things will look up soon, if they aren't already.

God be with you,
Heather

5/11/2008 06:01:00 PM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

hello, dear one. i wish you were close by so i could invite you for a cup of soup and warm bread.

(not that i have any on hand, but if you were coming, that's what i'd make because it is comfort food to me, followed by warm brownies and ice cream. it's my comfort, i don't know why i struggle with my weight, why do you ask??)

i am 4 days post this posting, am hoping things are relenting just a bit. you'll be in my prayers as i light a candle...

xo,
p

5/12/2008 06:43:00 PM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

thanks, heather. :)

thanks, penni. <3 you're a doll.

5/13/2008 08:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home