Saturday, June 16, 2007

Gone Once More

I am not the most consistent blogger. Anyone who has been here for more than a few weeks knows that well by now. It's not that I'm not interested in writing, or that I have lost all interest in blogging, but rather that I have not found the time to write as often as I used to. I'm not one of those people who has time to sit and write each and every day and I have not discerned, thus far, that it is good for me to make time.

I know I have written about this a number of times in the past and as the days and weeks pass, it only becomes more true. My priorities are being "ironed out" and blogging just isn't at the top of the list.

There is a calendar hanging in one of the offices at work. It belongs to a co-worker who also happens to be Catholic and is the one published for her parish. At the top of each month is a picture, the month, and a quote. This month's quote reads:
"Our gifts from God include the spiritual treasures of faith, hope and love.

They also include all we cherish: our health, our human genius, our skills, our families, and our friendships.

When asked, stewards will give a faithful accounting of how each gift was nurtured."
How fitting! Each of us will indeed be called to give an account of our lives when we meet our Maker. When I stand before Him, I want to tell Him all of the wonderful things I did with His gifts to me.

This is not to say that blogging is not an expression of love and a fitting use of God's gifts by any means. This is only to say that I, in my life, am not called, I do not feel, to blog so much as I am to do other things.

I sometimes feel very overwhelmed by the number of "things" I have taken upon myself. From my work with the apostolate to my day job to my babysitting to choir to theatre to finding time to spend with my family and friends, I often find myself tired and strung out. I worry too much about doing that I often lose sight of the doing well.

If this blog is to continue, it will most likely continue with posts about the things that I am doing and not so much my thoughts on issues. I do not imagine this will disappoint as I do not have too many visitors anyway. ;) If it does not continue, however, I thank each person who has taken a moment or two to read what I have written. Those moments have helped to assure me that my efforts were not in vain.

May the Lord bless each of you abundantly and keep you always. Pax!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

And you will find, Laura, that as you write about what you're doing, your thoughts will pour forth. So it will be the same Laura we're reading, and we who love you so much will keep loving you, and loving what you write! {{hugs}}

6/16/2007 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger Daughter of St. John said...

Well I was going to complain, but I find instead that I agree with Sarah.

Love to you my friend.

6/17/2007 12:16:00 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I certently understand. I spend many hours, along with others:) to get my blog going and then to find out it is difficult to write as often as I would like. I plan to start writting again starting next week but it has become difficult.
Since your life is full of excitment, just writing about what you are doing will be fun to read.

6/17/2007 10:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home