Wednesday, June 06, 2007

8 Things About Me: A Meme

Mrs. Margaret has tagged me for this meme and since, due to many, many activities, I have had little time for blogging, I thought this might be a fun and QUICK post to keep this thing alive. (Or is it already dead?)
“For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.”
Sounds easy enough...

1. I am shy. People who know me well will know that this is in fact a truth. I am very shy. It takes some real guts for me to go up and talk to people I don't know. Some people make it easy on me but others just intimidate me. (So needless to say, when I meet someone and feel like I've known them for years, they get high ratings in my book. THAT is hard to do.)

2. I'm not a morning person. All at work know this. I'm not necessarily grumpy but I do enjoy my quiet time. When I first wake in the morning (usually due to an alarm), I lie quietly and think about what lies ahead in my day. Then I go back to sleep. And when I wake for the third or fourth time, I really don't ever feel like rising. But I do..

3. I can be obsessive-compulsive at times. This applies mostly to things like organizing, cleaning, and counting. I prefer things in sets of four or twos and fives if we must go with an odd. I can't stand dust and dirty countertops kill me. (Dusty instruments are the worst!)

4. If I touch something and it feels funny, I have to do it again. Usually I attempt to repeat the action exactly as I did the first time. That means I need it to feel funny twice and then I have to do it the correct way that doesn't make my skin crawl. I do this twice too.

5. I get 'stuck' on songs to the point that I will put them on repeat for up to a half hour at a time. I suppose it could be worse...

6. I can't sing the 'Tantum Ergo' without hearing "Tantum ergo makes your hair grow" thanks to my friend who is also my choir director. It can make for some inappropriate smiles.

7. Sappy stuff makes me cry. Other people's pain makes me cry before my own will. I connect very deeply, very quickly and it overwhelms me sometimes. I love very deeply. I don't think many people understand it.

8. When I get really anxious, I rub my right eyebrow. I don't know when it started or why - it's just something I do.


I tag: Nick, Julie, Sarah, SFO Mom, Penni, Stevie, Daughter of St John, and Kimberlee.

5 Comments:

Blogger Margaret in Minnesota said...

Okay for you, Miss Laura; I think you are as cute as cute can be. I am with you on number 7 and will often have my children asking "What's wrong, Mommy?" as I read the paper. Your "loving very deeply" is a very beautiful and much-needed thing in this world.

HOWEVER.

Regarding number 3.

Should you come to MN to visit, you may see some dust and you will see some mess. So don't be scandalized! Just start cleaning. : )

6/07/2007 07:59:00 AM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

Hehe. Alrighty! (I completely understand about mess. But when I get started cleaning you'd better head out.. it could be a while. ;) )

6/07/2007 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

All done. I'm right there with you on #5, and THANKS for that #6....the song will never be the same again....

6/07/2007 06:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little fragment/poem for you from Father Gerard Manley Hopkins;

Glory be to God for dappled things
For skies of couple-colour as a brinded cow
For rose moles all in stipple upon trout that swim
Fresh firecoals chestnut falls
Finches wings

All things counter,original,spare,strange
Whatever is fickle or freckled

With swift,slow,sweet,sour.Addazzle,dim;
He fathers forth whose beauty is past change
Praise him.

Sean

6/07/2007 08:29:00 PM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

laura, you already know that i posted (was that a *snarky* comment, my little sister?)

love the GMH poetry, above. :)

6/08/2007 04:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home