Sunday, June 10, 2007

Solemnity of Corpus Christi

I love being at Mass every week but I must say that today was just a beautiful Mass. The homily was great (a joining of older and newer age themes - just the right mix of history and theology and today's society), the music was phenominal, and the overall feeling for me was just perfect. If I had fallen away from true love of my Catholic faith, today would have been the day to bring me back and remind me why I love it so much. Goodness...


"You are a priest forever in the line of Melchizedek."

5 Comments:

Blogger Margaret in Minnesota said...

Yep, I was pretty much in tears by the end of communion...

What a gift we have in the Eucharist! Our priest (quoting Pope Benedict, I think) compared it to nuclear fusion, saying that we should be giving off divine energy after receiving!

At least, he said something to that effect. I was pretty distracted by the little girl sitting on my lap (and at my feet, and on the railing in front of us...:)

Happy Feast of Corpus Christi, Laura!

6/10/2007 03:11:00 PM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

I have so much more I could say about today but I just can't find the time to blog anymore...

I have about 8 unfinished posts (long ones) waiting for me already. :(

Oh well.

Happy Feast of Corpus Christi to you, dear Margaret!

6/10/2007 05:36:00 PM  
Blogger Stevie Moon said...

I didn't get to listen to a word of the homily with the kids there but I agree that the music was beautiful today. That did touch me very much.

6/10/2007 07:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had an absolutely amazing day!

6/11/2007 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Julie D. said...

Completely off topic, but you've been tagged!
http://happycatholic.blogspot.com/2007/06/memes-and-more-memes.html

6/12/2007 07:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home