Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tagged!

Presenting: The Catholic Alphabet Meme! I was tagged by SFO Mom. (Can you believe it? I'm excited. Here goes nothin...)

[A is for apparitions - your favorite]: Probably Our Lady of Guadalupe to St. Juan Diego

[B is for Bible - the one you read most often]: Ignatius - Revised Standard/Catholic Edition

[C is for Charism - the one you would most like to have]: Whichever it is the Holy Spirit wishes to give! (All of them?)

[D is for Doctor of the Church - your favorite]: St. Thomas Aquinas - hands down.

[E is for Essential Prayer - What's yours?]: Liturgy of the Hours

[F is for Favorite Hymn]: O Holy Night (does that count?)

[G is for Gospel - your favorite author?]: Matthew

[H is for Holy Communion - How would you describe it, using one word?]: Love

[I is for Inspiration - When do you feel most inspired by God?]: When I'm serving and when I'm alone. (Ironic, eh?)

[J is for Jesus - When did you first meet Him?]: In Baptism when I was an infant.

[K is for Kindness - Which saint or person has most inspired you by their kindness?] Saint Francis of Assisi

[L is for liturgical year - your favorite time in the liturgical cycle?]: Easter (with Christmas in a close second)

[M is for Mary, the Mother of God - Your favorite term of endearment for her]: Our Lady

[N is for New Testament - Your favorite passage]: The Magnificat (Luke 1: 46-55)

[O is for Old Testament - Your favorite Book here]: Psalms

[P is for Psalms - your favorite]: Psalm 63

[Q is for quote - saint quote]: "When you feel the assaults of passion and anger, then is the time to be silent as Jesus was silent in the midst of His ignominies and sufferings." -– St. Paul of the Cross

[R is for rosary - your favorite mysteries]: Sorrowful

[S is for Saint - the one you turn to in time of need - not including the Blessed Virgin Mary]: St. Maria Goretti

[T is for Tradition - your favorite Catholic tradition]: Devotion to the Saints.

[U is for university - Which Catholic University have you attended or are currently attending?]: I don't. I've visted Steubenville recently, though.

[V is for Virtue - the one you wish you had]: I don't wish.. I am determined to obtain.. heroic patience (one of the ten virtues of Mary)

[W is for Way of the Cross - Which station can you most relate to?]: 4th Station - Jesus Meets His Mother

[X is for Xaverian Brothers - Do you know who they are?]: Yes. They are the religious brothers of St. Francis Xavier. :)

[Y is for your favorite Catholic musician]: Remnant (okay, they're a band)

[Z is for Zeal for the faith]: What am I supposed to write here.. ??? (Sometimes my zeal gets me in trouble!)

TAG! YOU'RE IT!
Nick at phatcatholic apologetics
Mikala at The Magdelene Diaries
Julie at Happy Catholic

Forgive me, y'all, if you've already played. I don't know who has and who hasn't so I just tagged and I'm hoping it works. Anyone else, feel free to join in. Comment below to let me know you're playing!!


UPDATE: We have someone else playing along! Check out dilexitprior's responses!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were so many great psalms I had a hard time choosing! 63 is right up there for me as well :)

Thanks for playing!

1/07/2007 07:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ya got me, Laura! I played...and thanks for your kind comments :) You are on my blog sidebar and in my prayers :)

1/08/2007 08:54:00 AM  
Blogger DP said...

I'm joining in on the fun! Yippeee...

1/08/2007 05:55:00 PM  
Blogger DP said...

By the way, I've added you to my blogroll. I hope you don't mind.

1/08/2007 06:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home