Thursday, May 25, 2006

Today's Letter: G

Via Julie D.

The rules of this game:
  1. Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter.
  2. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why.
  3. Pass out letters to those who want to play along.
Julie gave me "G" which I am thinking will be a bit challenging. The first is easy but let's see how the others go.
  1. God
    Is it possible to describe what God means to me? Simply stated: my life.
  2. Gabriel
    Messenger - beginning of the story of Christ in this world. The announcement that would spur Mary's fiat. +St. Gabriel, the Archangel, pray for us!
  3. Galilee
    The land of our Lord. The place where he began gathered his apostles, began his ministry, and performed many of his works. A place that, should I have the opportunity, I would like to visit one day.
  4. Gethsemane
    The Passion of Christ took place here. This is where His ministry would come to its climax. The time and place that comes to mind in that word is something I meditate on often. Oh the sufferings of Christ in that time and place. How often do we cause Him great agony!
  5. Guadalupe
    Blessed Virgin. Our Lady of Guadalupe. My Mother. (The cathedral downtown?).
  6. Gifts
    Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Fortitude, Knowledge, Piety, Fear of the Lord. The Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Confirmation. All of these things - incredible blessings to us.
  7. Grace
    The graces I receive in the sacraments that help me to live out each day with a head held high. The graces which we receive in marching onward in the face of defeat. The graces which are poured out on the whole Church each day. How abundantly have I been blessed!
  8. Guardian
    +Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day be at my side to light, to guard, to rule, to guide. Amen. - My angel, my protector.
  9. Gospel
    The Good News. The hope for all who live. Beautiful words which record the life, death, and ressurection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The thing which I strive to make the core of myself and of my life and of all that I do.
  10. Grenadine
    What? I did well with 9 religious words! Now it's time for grenadine. The only thing I can add to my drinks without getting in trouble! If you don't add too much, it's actually pretty good. Shirley Temple anyone?
Well that was definitely challenging but also a great deal of fun. Now... any volunteers?

1 Comments:

Blogger Daughter of St. John said...

Hmmm, ok, I'm game...

5/31/2006 11:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home