Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Inspiration

I have recently picked up an old journal which has many unfilled pages. I have used it in the past few days to quickly jot down things I have learned and insights I have been given from above. The last entry, "Soak Up the Son", was one of about three things I learned or realized in a two day period. God has blessed my work and has given me many gifts.

As I hold this book in my hands I know that it will be filled in time with things that are important to me in my life. The cover is smooth and cool. It is nice to hold and feel. It has an attractive mix of colors and the front is printed with a beautiful poem by Karen Raven. It reads:
Only as high as I reach can I grow,
Only as far as I seek can I go,
Only as deep as I look can I see,
Only as much as I dream can I be.
I received this beautiful journal many years ago from a good friend of the family, also one of my teachers in second grade. It has always been special to me, mostly because of that small poem which really inspires me.

The first entry is dated March 28, 2001 and is my recording of my confirmation. The last entry is scribbled notes which will soon become an entry here. The in-betweens are few and far between but helpful none-the-less in knowing just how far I have come in the past five years. The difference in maturity is astounding and the depth of faith, mind-boggling.

I pray for continued inspiration to always strive for holiness. +Lord, I love you. Make me a saint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home