Friday, May 12, 2006

Artist Spotlight: William Bouguereau


I would dare say William Bouguereau is my favorite artist, and if not favorite then no less than one of my top three. He painted so many beautiful images of our Blessed Mother. She is portrayed in his paintings in such a way that I have seen no others comparable. The above is just one example of the many beautiful works in his extensive portfolio. I looked for a short biography of this incredibly talented artist but to no avail. I did however find a link which I think is worth the time. Their galleries are beyond anything I expected. I was truly overwhelmed! So, all art enthusiasts, check this out: William Bouguereau by ARC

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully Camster won't see this thread. He'll never let me hear the end that Bouguereau thought it unnecessary to paint angels with guitars serenading the Blessed Mother and Jesus

jaime

5/12/2006 01:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home