Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Francis - No Words Necessary

A while back I was creating 'stock' avatars for phatmass (yes, just before we got rid of avatars and went to signitars) and of course, having a great love of Saint Francis, I took a special interest in him and created some of both Saint Francis and Saint Clare. Pictured below are some of those avatars (some good, some not so good) as well as my favorite paintings of this beloved Saint. (And for those of you who are artistically inclined, note that large open spaces were left on some for the addition of names or quotes.)











I do imagine that if one were to see Saint Francis they would not need to hear him speak. I do imagine that his disposition in his work would radiate the love of Christ so strongly that words would not be needed to feel Christ's presence within him. I know I had this experience with a Franciscan brother once. He was so radiant it was not necessary that you speak with him to know how fully he loved God and wished to serve Him. It was beautiful Franciscan joy!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

OK, love these avatars. Not sure just what that means, Laura, but I believe you that they've been replaced with signatars. I have to assume these are not dinorsaurs and that, in fact, *I* must be the dinosaur! :)

10/04/2006 07:49:00 PM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

Dinosaurs? Huh? Haha... I think I know what you're getting at so let me try to explain...

Avatars are what are pictured above. Our demensions were 150x100. The webmaster at phatmass, dUSt, decided that he would get rid of our avatars and in their place (for more artistic freedom and a look that seperates the board from other web forums) add what we have named 'signitars'. We no longer have avatars, nor do we have text in our signatures. We now have ... mmm ... mini banners? They are 75x400. I made a post about them a while ago called 'Signitars'.

Anyway, I hope I've not gone on some tangent that has nothing to do with what you were saying. Forgive me if I have.

10/04/2006 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

laura, i love these -- i copied one of them and if i add st. francis to my sidebar, would you mind if i used it?

if you say no, i promise i won't pout.

pen

10/05/2006 05:24:00 AM  
Blogger L. said...

Laura,

I feel blessed to have found your blog! What a lovely post for St. Francis feast day and I second what pen asked....may I put one on my blog? God bless you, and my name is Laura also.....it's a good one!)

10/05/2006 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

Go ahead! :) I'm glad y'all like them.

10/05/2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

These are just wonderfully designed!

10/06/2006 06:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home