Thursday, September 28, 2006

Contemplating a Vocation

In one of my recent posts, the one in which I wondered if I could be called to the contemplative life, I was simply reflecting on the irony that I see in many vocational stories. I actually do feel that I am called to the active life. I have such a strong respect and absolute love of the contemplative in our world but I know in my heart that it is not for me. God is not calling me to that.

When I wrote it I wrote it because I didn't feel I had much else to blog about at the moment. Not speaking when it is not necessary is something I have been working on and I think that that might have been a bit of a slip up. If I had nothing of real substance to say, why was I saying anything at all? Only the foolish man believes that silence is awkward.

I am however grateful for the comments that stemmed from the post. They remind me again (and I have been reminded a lot of this lately) that I should not make my trip to New York believing that this is my order. I should be open to God and His will in ALL aspects of my vocation. I should let Him reveal it to me in His time and not assume to know what will come to be down the line.

So I am open, or trying to be open, in all aspects of my vocation. I invite the Lord to come and lead me where He would have me. I appreciate all of you who read and give me advice. I especially thank each of you that remembers me in your prayers. I certainly need those. Know that I pray for each of you.

May the peace and joy of Christ be with each of you every day of your life!

Mary our Mother, guide us to your Son and pray for us always! St. Maria Goretti, pray for us! Sts Francis and Clare, pray for us! St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us! All of the angels and saints, pray for us!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home