Sunday, October 01, 2006

Prostrate in His holy presence... in awe of Him... always.

Tantum ergo Sacramentum
Veneremur cernui:
Et antiquum documentum
Novo cedat ritui:
Praestet fides supplementum
Sensuum defectui.

Genitori, Genitoque
Laus et iubilatio,
Salus, honor, virtus quoque
Sit et benedictio:
Procedenti ab utroque
Compar sit laudatio.
Amen.


Tantum Ergo is the last two stanzas from the Eucharistic poem, Pange Lingua,
composed by St. Thomas Aquinas, and is used at Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament.


+++++++++++++


The past day or two I have not been able to stop listening to this song in my car. The Latin sweeps my heart up into the heavens and I am at complete peace. It can be difficult while driving because I become so wrapped up in thought - thought that has nothing to do with the road or other drivers. I find that when I leave my car the song plays over and over in my heart and will waft in and out of my thoughts during the day (or night as the case may be). ... I'm sitting here... tired. I'm ready to lie down and be asleep but something has my mind. Something that once again has yet to be fully revealed to me, leaving me hungry for more and ready to write about the experience. I rest my fingers anxiously on the keys and wait for something to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home