Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Taking Care of Body, Mind, and Soul

I can't believe it's been four days since I've updated. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. I guess I've been a little distracted lately with everything going on. My friend's wedding is steadily approaching which means there are more and more things to be done in a shorter amount of time. There have now been two (?) showers and another one to come. Showers along with last minute things that have yet to be done and a little bit of pre-wedding workouts has kept me busy when I'm not at work. Oh... and sleep.

Anyway, I thought I would take a couple of minutes to remind everyone that it is important to take care of every part of ourselves that God gave to us. He gave us our bodies, our minds, and our souls. We should take care of each of those because each of them, through God, is precious. We should cherish and value them while we are here. I am not promoting vanity but I am promoting good health. Health for your body means eating right and getting excercise. Health for your mind probably means not keeping things bottled up - letting go and letting loose. Health for your soul means confession and the Eucharist.

I had a friend tell me how incredibly important the sacraments were in the discernment process. Every time I hear that though, I want to say, "the sacraments are vital to everyone at every time." It's true! When I find myself in a funk (and I have in the last couple of days) I ask myself how long it's been since I've been to confession and then how long it's been since I've received Christ within the holy sacrafice of the Mass.

So there is my five minute post to hold me over until later today. Albeit short, I believe it important.


May God bless you abundantly now and always! Be holy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should say that the sacraments are vital to everyone's holiness!!!

6/08/2006 09:55:00 PM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

That's what I was looking for... thanks!

6/10/2006 04:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home