Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ooo they make me so mad!

Ever catch yourself saying/thinking that? I definitely did last night. My family and I had just pulled into the Knights of Columbus parking lot, towels now in arms and almost ready to head to the gate for a quick dip before running home to catch the Mavs game. I walked to the back of the car and was waiting there for everyone to make sure that neither of the "little ones" ran into the street and got hit. Parked next to us was the most awful bumper sticker I can remember seeing in my whole life. It made me so angry. I was extremely put out with it, especially in the KofC parking lot of all places! I turned pink and started mumbling my frustrations there under my breath. When my dad asked me what was wrong I could only point and say, "that." I asked half jokingly if we still had the Sharpie in the car from packing up my grandparents earlier. I promise though, if I had been by myself, I would have FOUND a Sharpie somewhere and blacked out that sticker. It was awful. I considered it for a while but I knew my parents would not approve. The whole time we were there I sat at our table thinking about what I would have done if I had been alone. Would I have only marked it out? Would I have sat and waited for the owner of the truck? Would I have walked away? I really in my gut felt I probably would have blacked it out and waited. (Then I felt guilty for not doing something anyway. The only reason I didn't was because my dad had already told me to just leave it alone. Someone later mumbled something about free speech and that almost made me run and do it anyway.) It's hard to know what one would do in those situations. All I know is that last night I just got mad ... and then I prayed. But first I got mad. Surely by now (if you've made it this far in the post) you're wondering what in the world the bumper sticker said... or you have some idea of what it was and are wondering if you're right. Well thanks to google and a bigillion "feminist" (if they only knew what true feminism is!) sites out there I have this for you. Wait no more...

Condoms are easier to change than diapers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember a story about some people on a college campus who put up crosses on the school grounds to represent all the little angels killed by abortion.

A feminist "womyn's studies" teacher got her class to go to the memorial and rip up the crosses because she was offended.

If she was right to do that, you would be right to vandalize the bumper sticker.

This person really needs your prayers. They are probably living a very unfullfilled and unhappy existance to feel a need to display their anti-life opinion on their car.

6/15/2006 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

Whatever made you NOT do it, I think God's grace probably had a lot to do with it. Our world needs so much prayer.

And I can't help but wonder...had the owner of the truck every compared changing the two? I mean, a test is in order here. It might in fact NOT be true at all, in the actual facts, much less in the moral implications!!!

OK, sorry if I crossed a line there. I couldn't help but ask myself, as I so often do in these sorts of situations, whether people who "assume" children are harder than the alternative (no children) have ever in fact been around many children!

Keep on a-praying!

6/16/2006 05:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's my take on this as a grandma who loves her granddaughter dearly: my daughter was NOT ready to have her child at 19 and has a constant ongoing battle with finances, babysitters, a father that won't pay child support, etc. And at 30, she is still not grown up and a poor role model for her child. As a cashier, I see countless young women, married and unmarried, come in with food stamps, kids running around undisciplined while the moms just holler and do nothing! They don't seem to have been ready, either. I think this says it's easier to PREVENT conception THAN to deal with raising kids before you are good and ready and age has nothing to do with the maturity of the individual. Raising kids was the hardest thing I did in my life and I support that bumper sticker 100%. It has nothing to do with being anti-kids. Just RESPONSIBLE and being ready to do your best job as a parent when you are ready and responsible to do so. And I'm also anti-feminist.

10/22/2007 08:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home