Thursday, February 19, 2009

Prayers, if you please

My mother (yes, "mommy") is the strongest (read: toughest/most stubborn) woman I know. For reals. (Yes, I said for reals.) She had to have surgery today and unfortunately came out sporting about three times as many incisions as are normal for the operation she underwent. She's in a lot of pain tonight. It was really hard for me not to cry in her room. I tried to be strong for her and the kids. It crushed my heart though. I hated listening to her moans of pain, watching her cry and say, "I can't do this."

Anyway, please pray for her comfort and peace. The morphine drip is helping to take the edge off (that should tell you something) but it's still really difficult. I pray she gets some sleep... and some REST!

Please keep her in your prayers. We hope to have her home again tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your mom is feeling better and able to get some rest. May the Lord relieve her of her pain and give her comfort. God be with you ~ Heather

2/21/2009 11:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home