Monday, January 26, 2009

Homily later, blog now

So I haven't been posting much lately because there are some parts of my life that I just don't consider public. Quickly, here's what I'm up to:

1. Running

My friend Nikki just started her own runner's training program - Runwell - and I've joined the newbie boot camp. It's kicking my butt but I love it. I've somehow managed to injure my left knee, however, so it looks like I'll be out of commission until at least Saturday when I can get in to see someone about it. Check out Nikki's site at http://www.runwelltraining.com - and sign up if you want! The coaches are amazing (very encouraging and supportive while they kick your butt! haha) and the people training are fun. We spent a good fifteen minutes in the parking lot last week after a run just laughing and having a good time. One guy even remarked, "Forget the running. I'm coming for the conversation after!"


2. Choir

Still singing. Still love it.


3. Work

It's what we do.


4. Friends

I have a great group of girlfriends that I just love and I see them a few days a week. Their energy has had a really awesome effect on me and I'm grateful for their friendship.


5. CRHP

From Julie D. : WHAT IS CRHP?

Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP, pronounced "chirp")
A two-day retreat held in isolation from the world, but on church premises, for 36 men one weekend and 36 women the following weekend. The main emphasis during that time is a series of witnesses telling of their personal encounter with Christ based on one of a variety of topics, such as Renewal, Reconciliation, Discipleship, etc. The retreat participants can then go on with their "team" to a series of weekly meetings that go on for six months while they study Scripture and prepare to give the next retreat. More in-depth reflection found here.

That's pretty much all I can cram into my schedule. And I love every minute of it. :)


While I'm here, check out this new blog I found: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/ Love it!

And I'll get to the homily thing next time... :o) Until then, be holy!

1 Comments:

Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Hope all the is goingwell in teh non-public parts of your life.

As for the rest, full schedule!

I also love to sing - so I'm part of two music groups at church. With the Secular Franciscan group, a dad in a nursing home, and being the principal at a school keeps me hopping. In fact, I'm supposed to scan two documents that didn't go through and send them to my school's CEO, make dinner, and plan some lessons.

Phew!

1/28/2009 05:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home