Friday, December 12, 2008

Sharing My Favorites - Erin Vey


Part of sharing myself with you is sharing the people in my life - on many different levels and planes - who affect me positively, inspire me to be bold, different, true. It is my sincere hope that you will like these people too - that you might find in their stories a source of inspiration, hope, or joy.

It is with that intent that I plan to feature people here who have brought those things to me, mostly unknowingly. Today I'll start with Erin Vey.

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am passionate about a great many arts, one of which is photography. With the help of my google reader, I follow about 40 photographers on a consistent basis. I look at their art, take mental notes, and soak in their brilliant personalities as best one can through the blogsphere.

Erin is one of my absolute favorites. Not only is she a brilliant photographer, she has one of the most gorgeous subjects of all time... Miss Gracie!



Click on any of the photographs to see the original post by Erin.


Erin is a Dog Photographer and I would dare say the best I have ever seen. Her style is classic, funky, fresh, real.



She has an unreal eye for capturing the beauty and essence of each animal she photographs.



Not only does she clearly understand the significance of the relationship between a dog and his owner, she appreciates it in a way so profound, it can't help but emanate from her work. You see her photographs and you KNOW she loves this. She loves THEM.







Erin is a truly talented and exceptional person. I've never met her in person and likely never will. She will likely not see this post nor ever know my name. The love she has for her work, however, has touched my life and my person and for that I am truly grateful.



I am happy to share this gem of a person with you and hope you will stop by to see her often!

(And if you have a dog-lover in your life, be sure to purchase Miss Gracie's 2009 Calendar! It's sure to please.)

Until next time...

3 Comments:

Blogger Monogramchick said...

what a talented photographer she is! as an animal lover, i think these are great!

thanks so much for sharing all of the recipes and for the great link today! i haven't decided what to fix yet, but will post the winner before Christmas.

Merry Christams!

12/18/2008 02:31:00 PM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

i promise to stop leaving you comments. :P i have a sweet tooth like you wouldn't believe and you looking for new recipes has sent me on my own search for the best stuff.

:) call me enthusiastic...

12/18/2008 02:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Thanks for a brightener to my day!

12/22/2008 01:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home