Wednesday, February 14, 2007

...and if not... turns 1!

I sat down to write this post for tomorrow when I realized... it's tomorrow! And tomorrow.. today.. the ...and if not... blog turns 1! Yes, just one year ago today I sat down at my computer and created this silly little thing. I didn't know what I was doing then and as you can see, not much has changed. I accidently deleted this once already and I'm sure it'll happen again before it's all said and done.

In the past year I have published over 300 posts and drafted upwards of 350. With close to 9500 views under my belt, you'd think I'd have gotten somewhere by now. But it's still a baby. It's still growing and maturing.

There are a couple of things I wanted to do with this post. The first thing has been done. I wanted to post a picture of something mouth-watering. Doesn't that cake look absolutely delicious and totally like something you would get at Cafe Brazil? (Mmm... Cafe Brazil....) The second was to recap the year. After having deleted my first attempt at this post, I know that there's not really much to say for this year. Nothing too thrilling. The highlights weren't all too spectacular and I woudln't expect them to be. I guess there was a bit of something for everyone; from novenas and litanies to music reviews and DIY projects, I've done it all this year.

My next task is to thank you, the reader, for continuing to stop by. Whether or not you comment (none of you comment) I appreciate your readership. I appreciate that someone out there thinks I'm doing something right. Above all else I want to bring Christ to the internet and I believe I can do that with my blog. I believe I can help spread knowledge of the faith, spread knowledge of different Catholic customs and devotions, and occassionally force some to look deeper than they'd like. I enjoy being an instrument for the Holy Spirit - though sometimes His visits are few and far between.

Before this gets too long and I start to make little to no sense (I'm already there, aren't I?), let me throw out my big 'thank you's.

My first goes to Micah for helping me name the blog so appropriately. I have only once questioned if this was the right name for this blog and I'm not sure why I did. It's perfect. My second thank you goes to Jaime for being the first to comment. That's never going to be a first again. It's something I'll always remember. Third goes to my friend Julie D (over at happy catholic) for supporting me and encouraging me this whole time. You've been outstanding.

Later today (after I get some sleep) I've got another something I want to post. It's a post about those who have really inspired me in the blogging world - the ones I have come to love from afar. It's fitting as I enter a new year of blogging and even more fitting that it falls on Valentine's day. Look for that later.

Thanks again to all of you and let's make this a great new year at ...and if not...! If you have suggestions for improvement (and I mean ANYTHING), please do not hesitate to let me know in the comments box. I'm the first to admit I can use all the help I can get!

6 Comments:

Blogger Margaret in Minnesota said...

Yay! I'm the first one to leave a comment on the post that inaugurates the second year of blogdom!

Trust in the Spirit, Laura. You KNOW that I have been inspired by coming here--and I now visit every day.

PS. And just at what our beloved Fr. Escriva has to say: "How low you have fallen this time! Begin the foundations from down there. Be humble." Good words for all of us.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2/14/2007 04:19:00 AM  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Happy blog-anniversary to you! As my Polish in-laws would say, "Sto lat!" (May you live 100 years.) That's the highest good wish you can get in Polish!

2/14/2007 06:17:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

LOVE YOU, LAURA! You're doing great things here, and you have such a gift for being that beautiful person Jesus wants you to be. And you know, on my blogiversary, I'll have to give YOU a shout, because you "discovered" me and made me think I should keep on blogging (back this summer with a post I had written about kids in Mass or why children are important...I would have to look back and see for sure). Anyway, keep up the great work!!! :)

2/14/2007 06:50:00 AM  
Blogger Julie D. said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I have done little enough, believe me. And for the small amount I have helped with ... it has been a pure pleasure. :-)

2/14/2007 07:17:00 AM  
Blogger owenswain said...

A MOST blessed blogiversary to you and your blog

2/14/2007 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Daughter of St. John said...

Whheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Congrats Laura! Here's to a new blogging year filled with joy and no blog deletions!

2/15/2007 03:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home