Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe

I know the friars and sisters are having grand feasts tonight in honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe! They have a big devotion to her and considering the feast we had while I was there (during a 'lesser' Franciscan feast day), I can only imagine what joy, excitement, and good things to eat there will be tonight!

Don't get me wrong. It's nothing lavish. The meals you and I might eat tonight (unless yours are comparable to those that Happy Catholic (Julie) makes for her family) -including desert- would be feasts to them. They have staples, sure, but they don't get to pick and choose from the grocery store what they want to have. They share with the poor. What the poor eat, they eat. So tonight should include something a little extra for desert, some hot cocoa after dinner, and with dinner... COKE!! Yes, that's a Franciscan feast. And they are wonderful!

So, I think I shall feast tonight too... in honor of our beautifully pregnant Lady of Guadalupe!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home