Thursday, August 17, 2006

This is an odd necklace...

Lauren says:
so last year one of my friends was going through my stuff and came across my rosary, and she goes "this is an odd necklace, what outfit would ya wear it with" and i made a very confused face cause it didnt occur to me that someone wouldnt know what a rosary was so i told her "well for starters it goes with evry outfit cause it can be used at anytime, i prfer to pray with it though instead of wearing it, i find it works better that way" she just looked at me really confused and put it down and stopped looking through my drawers
my friends are funny. but it brings up a thought - how many of us are so used to being around people who understand everything about our faith that when situations like these arise, we fail to 'evangelize'? Don't get me wrong. I don't think we need to go out and convert people who mistake the rosary for a necklace. That's the Holy Spirit's job. I just think it's important that we all recognize the opportunities we have each day to share our beautiful faith with others. If we love it so much, why don't we share it more? Just a thought... and a funny story. (Thanks for letting me share it, Lauren!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela Louise said...

I had asked a friend to bring me back a Rosary when she went to Mexico awhile back, she asked what it was and I tried to explain it... I didn't get it, but it was worth the time to try to explain it to her...

8/18/2006 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home