Wednesday, August 30, 2006

my phamily

I'm not sure how many have caught on to my genuine like of the site phatmass.com. (If any of you venture over there know that I know how unpleasing it is to the eyes right now.. if you've been there before you know how great it usually looks! But I digress..) It has always proven a great aid to me no matter the situation. I have gained friends there and am thankful to the webmaster, dUSt, for creating it.

Now that I have shared with my phamily my decision to discern the religious life, I know Vocation Station will be of even more help and comfort to me. I have always enjoyed being there among the other young people - even when I thought I would pursue marriage and there seemed to only be religious life discerners there.

One of my favorite things to look at in Vocation Station now is the list of phatmassers who have entered or have a date set to enter. It is beautiful to see the number of phamily members entering the religious life! Many of them who were regular posters have said that phatmass was a great help for them in their discernment. We do not know of every phamily member that has entered but we do know of a good number of them. (We even have parents of phatmassers there who update us on our phamily that has already entered!)

I thought I would share the list of my religious phamily here so that we might all pray for them when we have the time, especially those that are set to enter soon. (I pray in thanksgiving for each of these young people. They are all such beautiful witnesses of Christ's love and mercy!)

Entered/invested:

1. dspen2005 (Br. David Michael, O.de.M.):
Mercedarian Friars, invested July 7, 2006

2. HiddeninHisHeart (Sr. Katie):
Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, July 16, 2006

3. crusader03 (Sr. Peter Mary, O.P.)
Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, invested: August 5, 2006.

4. Marieteresa (Shernel):
Dominican Contemplative Sisters, aspirancy entrance August 8, 2006.

5. MCIMaGiNaZUN (Br. Mark, OSA):
Augustinian Friars, invested August 15, 2006.

6. and 7. jgirl (Jenny) and Lilllabettt (Betsy):
Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, August 17, 2006

8. and 9. Philosopher (Philip) and DeoOptimoMaximo:
Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum, August 21, 2006

10. and 11. SisterAli (Ali) and greatkid04 (Liz)
School Sisters of Christ the King, August 22, 2006.

12. FutureSoror (Chelsea) and FaustinaVianney (Mis):
Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, August 28, 2006.


Upcoming Entrances:
13. Sadora:
Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara, September 8, 2006.

14. Incarnate Word Postulant (Helga)
Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament, September 12, 2006.

15. Zunshynn (Jen):
Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, November 1st, 2006.


Tentative/pending/application stage:
16. passionheart (DonnaMarie):
Dominican Nuns of the Perpetual Rosary, hopefully Fall 2006.

This list does not of course include all those who are discerning! Some have found their order but have not reached the application stage just yet. Some have narrowed the list down to two or three orders. Some, like me, believe they have found their order but are still in the 'baby stages' of discernment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home