Monday, April 17, 2006

Holding Hands

Jimmy Akin writes about hand holding during the Our Father... a delightful post for those of us who do not hold hands.

I often struggle with what is more scandalous to me and to others, holding hands or not. I opt not to hold hands during the Our Father though lately many have taken notice and make it a point to hold my shoulder, hair, or some other part of myself which they can reach in order to 'include' me in the prayer. I wonder what would be considered a proper reaction to this. Generally I ignore any touching that occurs because if I allow myself to dwell on it, I become distracted. I am afraid though that in not holding their hands I become a distraction to them.

What is one to do in this situation? I still don't know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

I have never had anyone be that pushy about it. I suppose if someone did, I'd smile at them, unfold my hands long enough to pat their hand wherever it is, and then refold my hands and go on praying. Friendly but to the point. :-)

4/17/2006 05:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home