Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Vigil

It is refreshing to look at this blog again. The black was so dark and depressing. The image in and of itself was enough but all the black on top of that... man! Anyway... on with the blogging...

The Easter Vigil tonight was absolutely gorgeous. It began at 8:15 pm and we ended somewhere close to midnight. I'm not sure how many new Catholics there were but I know there were a lot! There were enough to line the aisle twice and then some.

The flowers and all of the linens were back. The statues had been uncovered. The bells and candles during the Gloria was awesome. Chills ran over me as it all was taking place.

The music was phenominal. I love the instrumentalists we have for the Easter Vigil. I love the sound of our Director's voice and the sound of our gorgeous organ. It was perfect.



All in all it was a lovely evening - definitely worth my while. I cannot wait to wake in a few hours and celebrate again! Jesus Christ is risen! Alleluia!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't get to go to the Easter Vigil this year because of work, but I LOVED it last year. The Gloria gave me chills too....*sigh* amazing.

4/16/2006 05:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home