Friday, March 10, 2006

Biblical Questionare

I picked this up from Julie D. at Happy Catholic. Julie D. picked it up from Donna at Quiet Life so I guess I am thanking both Julie D. and Donna and checking out Donna's blog when I'm done. Enough of that... here we go!

1. Who is your favorite Biblical personage, other than Jesus?
Mary. She is the perfect example of how to be a woman, and mother, and wife. She is my ultimate role model so I could pick no other. She, compared to some (probably most), plays a quieter role in the Bible but I respect that so much. Her quietness spoke volumes, especially to me.

2. What is your favorite book of the Old Testament?
Psalms. I absolutely love reading the psalms. No matter how I'm feeling I can find a psalm that expresses it almost perfectly. My favorite psalm is psalm 63. If you don't know which one that is you should go look it up. It's beautiful. (Remnant used it as lyrics -- gorgeous!)

3. What is your least favorite book of the Old Testament?
I hate to say I have a least favorite but if I absolutely had to choose it would Job. I think there is a lot to learn from Job but I can only handle that book in small doses. Once I sat down and read the whole thing all the way through in one sitting and not only was I emotionally exhausted, it was hard to get myself back into good spirits again.

4. What is your favorite non-gospel book of the New Testament?
Probably the First Letter of Saint Paul to the Corinthians, though I admit it changes sometimes.

5. What is your life verse?
I don't think I really have a life verse (mostly I can't think of one right now) but I guess I do try to always remember this one:
If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body.
And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body.
If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole body were hearing, where would be the sense of smell?
But as it is, God arranged the organs in the body, each of them, as he chose.
If all were a single organ, where would the body be?
As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.
The eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you," nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
On the contrary, the parts of the body which seem to be weaker are indispensable,
and those parts of the body which we think less honorable we invest with the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty,
which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so adjusted the body giving greater honor to the inferior part,
that there may be no discord in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.
1 Corinthians 12:15-25

UPDATE: I thought of two more verses that I thought quite appropriate. One I hope to have the reference tattooed on me someday (if I have the guts). This one is definitely my life verse. It is Luke 1:38 ("Let it be done to me according to your word."). The other is Exodus 14:14 (The Lord will fight for you, you have only to be still.).

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela Louise said...

+JMJ
you should be linked, or rather blogrolled, onto my blog :) Thanks for adding me on yours! ^_^
God Bless you abundantly!
-Angela

3/10/2006 04:15:00 PM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I wish I had thought of Mary.
She is a perfect choice :o)

3/10/2006 06:35:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I have a tattoo of a cross on my back. I like to think of it as the handprint of God on the small of my back. It didn't really hurt. I know you can do it. Courage!

3/11/2006 12:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home