Thursday, March 09, 2006

Praying for Priests

I have been frustrated many times in my short life at priests and their actions. It all ranges in gravity from rude comments to liturgical abuses to downright stubbornness which affects his entire parish. Most times I am able to let go of all of this and focus my energy on praying for him. Lately I have not been so noble.

Recognizing priests as humans as well as intercessors I have to cut them some slack and I do. However, when the issue reaches a certain level I lose all patience and submission flies out the window. I will not divulge any specific information as I wish to avoid scandal but let it suffice to say that I am less than thrilled with the actions of a priest (make that several) in my diocese. I do not wish to go against the Church and I have no plan to go against this man in particular but I do wish there were some way to respectfully acknowledge my frustrations and see some sort of result. It seems as those these days you have to practically stage a revolt before anything happens. How did I draw this conclusion? Well it seems I have seen people do everything short of that very thing in order to have their cries heard.

If pouting and stomping and screaming and kicking got us anywhere in life I would be the most successful person in the world. As it does not, I am not. Nor have I been anywhere near successful in handling this particular situation. Being it Lent right now I have resigned myself to prayer alone. If however, something does not change... I may throw a fit. I'll let y'all know how that goes. *wink*

St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Perhaps we are praying for the same priest right now! Because I'm sure frustrated with a particular one and never have I spent so much time on a priest saying, "Lord have mercy on me and bless him."

3/09/2006 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

I would say it is highly likely we are. My prayer is the same. I have to ask for my heart to be molded to His Divine Will but darn it! It's just so hard! *shakes head*

Lord have mercy on me and bless him!

3/09/2006 09:15:00 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I hope you haven't had just problems with priests. I have been blessed with wonderful priests in my area.

Know that even though we are all sinners, the Church as an institution is perfect as it is Christ's creation.

3/10/2006 05:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home