Sunday, October 08, 2006

Family Member in Iraq Seriously Injured - Please pray!

I don't have a lot of time to post this right now but it is important. My cousin Jack was on a special forces unit with the Marines in Iraq. He came for a visit this summer so his face is still fresh in my mind. He is a great guy, a real buddy.

He was in a Hum-V (or however you spell it) and drove over a land mine. He was severely injured and will be brought back to the States some time this week. They don't know how long he will be in recovery - it could be weeks or it could be months. It's very bad.

My aunt called last night so I am just hearing the news (with my brother and sister) this morning. My grandmother, who had not seen him in nearly 15 years until this summer, is not taking it well at all. Who would expect her to?

Please, I am begging, keep Jack and our whole family in your prayers. I ask especially for prayers for (him of course,) his mother and step father, his three brothers (Ted, Damien, and Nick), and our grandmother.

Thank you.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Definitely!

10/08/2006 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Oh my! I'll pray!

10/08/2006 01:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home