Friday, April 28, 2006

Job Hunting As A Means of Gaining Humility

I really believe job hunting is the ultimate humility check. When I go out and I am turned down for this or that position I have to step back and realize that I am not cut out for everything out there. We all pretty much start out at the bottom of the food chain so to speak. It's tough, but everyone has to do it.

I've called more places and set up more interviews than ever before (not that I've ever interviewed with more than six places) and I'm feeling better about myself for it. I've turned in lots of applications and I'm finally getting chances to meet with someone. Still, it is in their hands. They get to say yes or no. I can sell myself until I am blue in the face but if they do not think that job is right for me, they won't give it to me.

All of this reminds me of my vocational discernment. If I want to be a wife and mother but God knows that isn't right for me, He's not going to lead me there. If I want to be a sister but God knows that isn't right for me, He's not going to lead me there. In all of this it is up to Him to say yes or no. I have to find the right place for me and there I will thrive.

If only it were easier to discern companies! Lord, lead me where you would have me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela Louise said...

I am kinda of in the same boat, but you are far ahead of me! I still need to work on getting more applications done!

5/04/2006 02:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home