Saturday, October 06, 2007

Praying the Rosary

When the bookclub decided to read the Holy Father's writing on the rosary, I grumbled. I didn't want to read it. The rosary isn't my thing and I'm not sure I really want it to be my thing. I've struggled with it for so long that I'm really not interested any more. But I picked up the writing anyway and read a little. And then a little more. Then I put it down. (I know my limits.)

Tonight, I went to visit my parents and siblings. My mother was watching Father Corapi on EWTN and I blabbed away for a good while before I even stopped to notice that he was promoting the rosary... actually discussing the Holy Father's work. (The last piece I had caught was something about human sexuality and I tuned out...) When I heard him talking about Mary, I shut up real fast. I love Mary. I love her 'yes'. I love the story of the Angel Gabriel coming to her and the exchange that took place. I love the "Hail Mary". I just don't do the rosary...


... but now I'm beginning to think I might need to like the rosary. I'm beginning to think someone "up there" might be elbowing me in the side...

5 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I have not always been a rosary person. Even now I am not a BIG rosary person. But I am coming to love it more and more.
My favorite way to pray the Rosary is the Franciscan Crown Rosary. Give it a try :)

10/07/2007 07:27:00 AM  
Blogger Julie D. said...

I was reading something about the rosary a day or two ago ... it made me think of you. However, knowing your definite views on the Rosary, I held my silence. But the feeling I got was that same one you mention -- that you were being prodded to notice it. Hmmm ... interesting.

10/07/2007 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Mhari said...

I think I may well be back, just need to find time to post now :) thank you for your comments... God bless you!

10/10/2007 09:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was not a big rosary person either, though my parents prayed the rosary with us all our lives. Finally, last year, I heard "the call". I'm a big rosary person now. I can't tell you how much it has helped me tremendously. I cling to it now, esp. in those moments when I don't think I can pray.

10/15/2007 06:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not into the rosary either, but my appreciation and closeness to Mary grew when i started praying this "courtship prayer" i recieved on a prayer card which is directed to her. if you're interested i can get one to you....

10/19/2007 01:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home