Monday, August 07, 2006

Sent by God

This past Thursday I had the opportunity to go to Mass and confession, both with our new priest! (I didn't know that until the end though...) After an all-day seminar for work, I raced to the church for confession, practically sprinting to the confessional after I got inside. To my surprise, it was a different priest. I didn't know who he was at first; I just assumed he was a visiting priest. (We're lucky like that. We usually get them when we need them.) I had a beautiful confession and I felt very good when I left. I didn't think I'd have time to stay for Mass but planned on staying long enough to pray evening prayer. I'm pretty much a sucker for Mass though (who in their right mind wouldn't be?) so I turned my phone on silent and anxiously awaited the ringing of the entrance bell. (I was expecting a friend; we were going to see 'Brooklyn' at Fair Park.) After a few minutes I heard the bell and stood with everyone. Then I saw him walk through the door! Cool! A visiting priest was saying Mass! (I like my pastor but I'm always excited by change.) He said a BEAUTIFUL Mass. I was so glad I stayed! (I think God helped me out a little too. My friend didn't show for at least ten minutes after Mass ended.) It was so awesome to have just gone to confession, prayed Liturgy of the Hours and be able to celebrate Mass as well. I was so ecstatic. I wanted to thank this priest for such a wonderful time. He was great. As I approached him I overheard a conversation he was having with another parishioner. "He's our new priest," I thought. "NO WAY! Are we really this lucky?!" I was so excited. I couldn't wait to go back on Tuesday (and still can't)! I turned around, walked quickly back into the sanctuary, and thanked God for this blessing. All priests are sent by God but I really believe we are EXTREMELY blessed to have this one. I hate to be selfish but I really needed this priest! *Sigh* I'm so excited.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Congratulations! I have a wonderful priest. He is a very orthodox man that follows Rome and not some of the liberal leaders around me. He is a blessing me and a great person to have to help me in my vocation now.

8/07/2006 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Good to hear about your new priest. It is always a delight to have a priest you favor.

8/07/2006 05:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home