Saturday, July 08, 2006

Music Review: "Coming Up To Breathe" MercyMe

I have always enjoyed the music of the Christian group MercyMe. I've been to one concert, purchased two clothing items, and listened to all of the CDs. They have constantly captured a sound which is pleasing (not exhausting) even after twenty or so runs (okay maybe that's a little bit exaggerated but you know what I'm getting at!). Even when you think you've had enough, you haven't. It's great.



They've recently put out an album called "Coming Up To Breathe". It is my favorite so far. I don't own it yet but I've heard a good number of the songs in the car with friends who do. One song, featured on the radio, is definitely my all time favorite and the inspiration for this post.

Humility is the key to all holiness and the song "So Long Self" promotes it. Since I don't have much else to say about it (at least for now - when I get my hands on the album y'all had better watch out), I'll post the key lyrics.

So long self

Well it's been fun but I have found Somebody else

So long self

There's just no room for two so you are going to have to move

Farewell, oh well, goodbye, don't cry

So long self


I truly enjoy that song and can totally jam to the lyrics. Every once in a while I feel the urge to get back to secular music (for the ACTUAL music, not the lyrics necessarily) but usually I can toss MercyMe in and still feel great, grooving to the music. They can definitely hold their own. You should check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger [La Mode Unikka] said...

YAY another fellow Mercy Me FAN!!!! I love them...I'm hoping to go to there Concert in New Jersey in August I can't wait and Im buying there new CD tomorrow (Saturday)

~FutureIHMNj

7/14/2006 09:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home