Thursday, April 06, 2006

Holy Week Meme

I was tagged by Julie D. for this meme. Thanks Julie! It was fun.

Lent is almost over and this Sunday is Palm Sunday already! I thought it would be fun to share what we do special to commemorate the Passion and Resurrection of Our Lord.

1. What do you do with your new blessed palm from Palm Sunday?
I make a cross with it and hang it above my picture of the Holy Family.

2. What do you do with your old one from last year?
Burn them and bury the ashes.

3. What do you do during Holy Week in preparation for Good Friday?
Extra time in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, continue praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet each day during the 3 o'clock hour, confession, fasting, and service on Holy Thursday. This year I'll also be helping out with a retreat for some junior high kids.

4. How do you commemorate Christ's Passion on Good Friday?
I have recently tried to make Good Friday a desert day. Desert days are days of silence and meditation. I will fast as is tradition and attend Mass that night.

5. When do you color Easter eggs?
We don't really color Easter eggs anymore. We used to die them early because we made the eggs that broke and had confetti inside. They were a lot of fun. I love Mexican traditions!

6. When do you buy Easter candy?
We don't buy Easter candy. My grandparents usually get it before Lent and freeze it.

7. What is the first thing you plan to do Easter morning?
First I'll smile. Then I'll pray Liturgy of the Hours followed most immediately by dressing for Mass, speeding to the church, and squeezing into the loft with the rest of the choir. (It's a tight squeeze too! The festival brass take up a LOT of room!)

I'm tagging: Matt Hardesty, "Daughter of St. John", m2, Lee Strong, and Angela. Have fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~pen~ said...

thank you!! i am on my way to work today (7a to 7p) and tomorrow (same) but will respond on sunday :)

4/07/2006 04:57:00 AM  
Blogger Daughter of St. John said...

Well, I tried, but no one seems to want to do it from mine. Sorry.

4/07/2006 09:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home